Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Read Across America Week: Author Visit Recap!





In celebration of Read Across America Week (this week), sponsored by the National Education Association (NEA), I was invited to read at Valley View Elementary yesterday.

It was a blast! I don't think I've ever met as many young, aspiring writers in one place!

I was also AMAZED at how attentive and enthusiastic the kids were, especially since my author visit took place during the last two hours of the school day! Kudos to you, kids. I'll be first in line someday when your books come out.

One of my favorite photos from the day. The kids are learning all about action rhymes, and how many writers get started writing for magazines while they work on books or wait for their books to come out.

And yes, it was crazy hat day at Valley View in case you were wondering.
I absolutely love school visits. And I can visit virtually, too. TEACHERS: Check out my website page on school visits. I'm fun, affordable (see my note on how to get me to come for FREE), and flexible! Pick me! Pick me!


3 comments:

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

I'm sure they loved you :) Looks like everyone was having fun :)

Miranda Paul said...

It was fun!!!

Thanks for stopping by.

Vivian Kirkfield said...

The kids had a blast...and you did too! And that's the way it should be.:)
Did you know that Dr. Seuss had a collection of hundreds of hats?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...