Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Worldly Wednesday: My PB Subject Goes Viral!


Those of you who know me know my long-standing relationship with the country of The Gambia, and how I consider it 'home away from home.'  And one of my recently finished PBs (though in the works for five years), is based on the true story of Isatou Ceesay and the recycling women of Njau, Gambia.

Just before and right after Earth Day, I got an unusual amount of YouTube comments and subscribers.  I logged in to see what was up and learned that a 10-minute video I filmed and edited about Isatou and how she recycles plastic bags into purses had more than 7,600 views!  I have no idea which celebrity, organization, or blogger who promoted it (it had less than 1,000 views for the longest time), but thank you!

As for my picture book manuscript, it's still sitting with an editor...and it received one of those "near-miss" personal note passes from an agent.  Here's hoping this stroke of luck helps the women gain more exposure for their amazing environmental efforts, and possibly the marketing oomph needed to get their story published!

Happy Earth Week!


2 comments:

Joanna said...

Thrilled that your video of Isatou Ceesay has gone viral. Sure hope it profits her and her recycling colleagues and your picture book(s)! Happy Earth Week back atcha!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

How great! Hope it ends up helping to get your book out there :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...