Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Worldly Wednesday: World Read Aloud Day is March 7

So I just learned that LitWorld's World Read Aloud Day happens to be March 7, 2012.  The SAME day I'll be on a plane from Casablanca, Morrocco back to JFK in New York.  Since I land at 3:45 p.m., I'm not sure if there are options for me to participate.  Or even that I qualify (they're not just letting any author participate).

For those of you who know me, I'll still try despite my travels and the fact that my books have mostly been published by small presses and digital, educational app markets.  But how about you - will you consider participating?

Visit Kate Messner's blog for more information on how to participate and what World Read Aloud Day entails (i.e. you have to have Skype).  Or, learn about it at LitWorld's site here.  Fun!

3 comments:

M. Christine Weber said...

Sounds intriguing! I'll have to go check it out! Thanks for the link :0).

-m

Playing by the book said...

Perhaps mention it to the pilot - they could make an announcement on the tannoy - maybe there will be kids on the plane and you could hook up with their family and read together. They might be grateful for a bit of distraction on a long flight?

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

That is an amazing idea, play it by the book! Thank you for suggesting it! -Miranda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...