Monday, January 2, 2012

Mommy Monday: Year in Review

Instead of telling, I'm showing.  This AuthorMom had a great year!

We climbed high...
...and conquered jungles.


Including...
...the urban jungle.

We read stories...

...and acted them out...
...and wrote our own!
Grandma welcomed us in...
...and we welcomed in other friends...
Like this one...

...and this one...
And especially this one!
We roasted and enjoyed foods from all over the world...

...like domodaa (peanut butter stew)...


...and tiyo kere churro (peanut porridge)...

...and also ate things that were All-American!




We let Amani's hair grow...


...and grow...
...and grow!

We studied animals...



...from behind fences...

...and inside fences.
We fell in love with animals on the plains...

...in our own yard...

...and inside our own home!

(but we had to let some of them go!)





We planted seeds...
...watched them grow...


...and ripen...
...and picked them when they were ready!
(Whatever we couldn't grow we bought at the market.)


We played some sports for the first time...

...and did other activities for the zillionth time!


We read more stories...

Which led to more wishes...
And dreams (like another Packers win!)...

And crazy ideas - LIKE CUTTING OUR HAIR OFF!


We took a few last-minute trips...
before Kindergarten began...

And the Packers started another season...


...and we got back to dreaming (like sending a million books to Gambia)...
And ended the year thinking crazy thoughts...like growing our hair back!


14 comments:

M. Christine Weber said...

Oh, I've only just begun following your blog, but I'm already enchanted! Your family is adorable, and your goals (from your previous post) are beautiful and tangible and touching. Best wishes on all of them. Thank you for following my blog (I'm following yours as well), and may this year be incredible for you!

-m

KatieC said...

Miranda, this was fabulous! I might have to borrow this idea...;)

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Thank you m and Katie! I actually exercised some key writing tools in posting this, believe it or not. Cutting: This went from a hundred photos to less than 20 or 30. Killing darlings: My favorite photo didn't actually fit the "storyline" and so I tossed it aside. Also: building a plot, resolution, and being scarce with text. Oh, and humor (but that's easy in my crazy household!)

Thank you for all the encouragement and I know both of you will meet your goals this year!

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Thank you m and Katie! I actually exercised some key writing tools in posting this, believe it or not. Cutting: This went from a hundred photos to less than 20 or 30. Killing darlings: My favorite photo didn't actually fit the "storyline" and so I tossed it aside. Also: building a plot, resolution, and being scarce with text. Oh, and humor (but that's easy in my crazy household!)

Thank you for all the encouragement and I know both of you will meet your goals this year!

Claudine Gueh said...

Oh my god, I love this! Loved the hair on, hair off then on again bits, loved the peanut butter stew (what IS that?) and the welcoming of new people & animals into your family. Cool post, Miranda.

patientdreamer said...

What a beautiful post of reflection done in photos, and oh my what a beautiful family. Thankyou for sharing Miranda.

inluvwithwords said...

Lovely post, Miranda. What a beautiful family you have! Thanks for sharing a bit of yourself with us.

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Thank you everyone for the comments. Yes, I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful (and big!) family around the globe.

Kelly Hashway said...

Adorable! I love the year in pictures!

Marcia said...

What a fantastic post. Love all the pictures. A very soft spot for the kitties!

Marcia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric Van Raepenbusch said...

This was one of the best recaps of someone's year I have ever seen. Great idea! Your family is beautiful with lots to be thankful for!

Good luck with your writing. I am now following you on twitter.

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Thanks Marcia and Eric! 2011 was great, and 2012 will be even greater I know!

campbele said...

What adorable children!! Happiest of New Years to you and yours!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...