Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Worldly Wednesday: My Clearest Me by Claudine Gueh

My Clearest Me by Gueh Yanting (Claudine) was just released by Carry Us Off Books (Singapore) as an e-Picture Book.

Now hush...


...and let me tell you about it:

Quiet Wynn overhears his teacher saying he's too shy, and might not make friends, or worse–might let his Dreams pass.  Ought he be a different boy? he wonders.

In search of self, Wynn ventures out into a dream world searching for his clearest voice.  But can a quiet boy play in a loud dream?


  
My thoughts?  
Gueh's story, crafted like a silk blanket of poetry, sends young listeners and readers drifting along with Wynn through beautifully-illustrated pages of self-discovery.  I'm not giving it five stars–I'm giving it an entire sky of stars.  It stands apart from so many other picture books of its kind.  And the price shines, too (.99 cents for the iBook).

My Clearest Me by Gueh Yanting (Claudine) is available on iTunes, Kindle, and Nook and through the publisher's website at Carry Us Off Books.

7 comments:

Claudine said...

Miranda, Miranda, Miranda!

Thank you so much for featuring MY CLEAREST ME. I am thrilled to read your review/comments. 'a silk blanket of poetry' and the entire sky of stars ... oh my, I think I'll enjoy not being able to sleep for a while!

* MCM is available on Kindle and iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch and will arrive shortly on Nook and Sony.

I'm off seeing clouds everywhere again. Thank you for the kind words, Miranda!

Cat said...

What a beautiful review, Miranda! I just love picture books!

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Thanks! As I said, it stands out as quite unique among picture books here in the States, many of which are all so similar and formulaic. Best of luck with the book launch and sales, Claudine!

Claudine said...

Thank you!

Marie Elena said...

I had already planned to purchase this book, but this review is a wonderful reminder. Now ... off to figure out my used-but-new-to-me Kindle and do some purchasing!

Claudine Gueh said...

Thank you, Marie. :)

Joanna said...

What a lovely review, that makes me determined to get myself an ereader sooner rather than later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...