Monday, October 10, 2011

Mommy Monday: I'm Pooped

Don't let my kids know I used the word "poop."  Although right now, I'd welcome a "time out."  At least I'd get to sit down!

These days are a bit hectic - as many of you know, I'm back in the classroom full-time for awhile.  So, on some nights, that translates to 150 essays to grade.  On other nights, lesson plans or fidgeting with Skype to make sure tomorrow's distance guest-speaker presentation goes on without a hitch.

Top it with the usual writing assignments, serving on two committees, and trying to be a good mommy and wife and voila!

I'm pooped.

There's no lesson today.  Just the raunchy smell of being too busy.  (I hope to clear the air soon).

Sorry for the rant.  Three weeks until I can take a fresh breath again :)

Thanks for listening (or reading...whatever blog fans do).  I appreciate it.


8 comments:

Claudine Gueh said...

Poor Miranda, have a good rest ok ...

Cat said...

Try to take a deeeeeeep breath, and remember that it doesn't ALL have to be done right this second! (Though your kids may say otherwise...)

Take care. Get some relaxation, for pity's sake! :-)

CarrieBoo said...

I still think 'poop' is a great word. Wow, you sure like to stretch yourself! Here's hoping you get some wiggle room.

inluvwithwords said...

Hope you find time to take a breather and re-energize.

Kelly Hashway said...

I remember well all those essays to grade. I feel your pain. I used to tell my students I'd have their papers graded in the same amount of time they had to write them. That seemed to be a fair trade-off and it gave me more time.

Good luck, Miranda.

Mikki said...

150 ESSAYS? Oh Wow! I taught jrs, srs, and grad students at university, with sometimes 120-130 students. Their tests were always multiple choice, only with at least 4 or 5 correct answers, and they had to get them ALL right or the question didn't count. They did have research papers which took a lot of time...I just didn't have the same amount of time to read them as they did to write them! Good luck with your rest time, you deserve it!

Marcia said...

Wow, hope the weekend offers some relief. :)

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Thanks, everyone for the comments. And yes, Marcia - this weekend should be a relief. Will you be at the SCBWI-WI retreat too?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...