Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dreaming Bigger...

Today, I logged into my Twitter account for the first (and only) time since I created the account many months ago.

I fumbled my way through finding a few fellow authors on the site, and came across a tweet by author Stephenie Hovland:  "Goal setting today. Dreaming bigger and making lists."

Good tweet, Stephenie.

I've been wanting, for some time, to make mid-year goals (which of course, means making lists).  Well, the year is mid-way.  And who doesn't want to dream bigger?

So, although I haven't tweeted or retweeted anything, and I have a lot to learn about hash tags and @ signs, I did come away with a tidbit of inspiration. 

Now, here is my first goal and list!


Goal:  To offer my readers, fans, friends, and those who stumble upon my blog, something worth reading.
List:  I will come up with a three-day structure for posts (e.g. Monday is for Mommy Writers; Tough Revision Thursdays, Funny Story Fridays...).
Deadline:  3 weeks.  By next week, I want to have the first checkbox on my list checked.  The following week, I will begin planning specific topics.  By the end of June, you'll see the first posts in my new structure!

I'm off to dream bigger.  Thanks, Stephenie.  Thanks, Twitter.
Eventually, I'll find something worth "Tweeting" about!  But meanwhile, you can follow my silence until I eventually open my mouth...

6 comments:

Kelly Hashway said...

When I first joined Twitter, I sat back and observed, too. You really can learn a lot on Twitter. Sure there's a lot of useless stuff on there too, but that's the beauty of being able to control who you follow.

I can't wait to see the new blog schedule in action.

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Thanks, Kelly! And, for the record, you're one of THREE lucky people I follow right now...rule of three?

Anne E. Johnson said...

Twitter can be daunting at first, and it takes some commitment to get used to, but I think it's worth it. If you'd like to follow me, I'm @anneejohnson, and I'll follow you back.

Good luck with the blog. It's quite a challenge to keep it active and interesting, isn't it? I keep a little notebook just for blog topics that occur to me, so I have one ready when I need it.

Ellen said...

I haven't ventured into twitter yet. It seems so indecipherable. I may get there eventually.

Congratulations on taking the plunge!

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Anne,

Thanks for the encouragement. If I venture over to my Twitter page today, you'll get a follow. Hope I'm using the correct terminology!

Miranda "Sibo" Paul said...

Ellen-

Thanks for the encouragement - knowing I'm not the only non-Tweeter helps me know it's okay to live offline sometimes, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...