Friday, May 6, 2011

Where is Miranda? With Her iPad 2...

If you've been wondering where I've been for the last few weeks, this post will answer your question.

Yes, I was one of the lucky ones who got an iPad 2 about a month ago.  That's where I've been hiding - and downloading Apps and iBooks.  Book lover + iPad = dangerous combination.

(By the way, my picture books were released for the iPad very recently).

Anyway, here's a quick rundown of likes/dislikes:

Likes: 
Wi-Fi connects easily and fast even when you go somewhere else (i.e. coffee shop or bookstore)
Strong enough that my 2-year-old hasn't broken it yet
Keyboard is large enough (horizontal/landscape display) to actually type with correct fingers
Camera on front and back!
The Apps "Stack the States" and "Stack the Countries" are hands down the best for kids
The million free apps that aren't too bad - like flash cards and drawing for kids

Dislikes:
What the heck is FaceTime? 
Where's my NORMAL-looking Skype? (Free, ahem).
Pages App - No "Track Changes" feature  - as an editor, I'm extremely disappointed that you can't make margin comments, notes, or automatic edits with tracking in the Pages App.  APPLE CHANGE THIS PLEASE!
Annoying pop-up to get me to subscribe to Apple's cellular Data service (hello, I will when I want to!)


So, that's all for now - back to iPad Land, which is almost entirely a happy place.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...