Wednesday, January 27, 2010

26 Books in 28 Days: What Did I Get Myself Into?

The "reminder" e-mail jolted me awake this morning as I sat blinking at my inbox before breakfast.

Oh yeah, that did sound like an absolutely wonderful idea when I first visited the Picture Book Marathon official website and signed up a couple of weeks ago...

At the current moment, the challenge of writing 26 picture books in the month of February (read:  that's two days off in the entire month) seems daunting.  But those who know me know that I am a committed, hard-working writer and I am certainly determined to pull it off.  Besides, this is going to make for a GREAT March for all of the other writers in my critique groups (not to mention I'll have a full arsenal to get ready for submission).

So, follow my adventure in writing 26 picture books over the next month, right here on my blog!  These will be aimed for an audience of children and written to be illustrated.  Or, if you're daring enough....sign yourself up before January 29th at PictureBookMarathon.org and get ready...get set...WRITE!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...